Monday, November 19, 2007

Poem: "Sweaty Palms"

My sweaty palms
Are part of the reasons why I feel it’s beyond
How it’s so hard to correspond
When I’m gone
Sometimes in this mist
I must be on
Some shit…
Cause I’m trembling
Even if this sweat drips
From my hands, my demands are high
cause I can’t “lose grip”
While it’s sometimes hard to deny if you’re scared of heights
till you trip…
falling on your face
and I must’ve fell a thousand times
cause I admit
I’m clumsy and sometimes I walk blinded
Feeling your presence and open minded
Still holding on with these sweaty palms
But can you deny it?
These feelings are revealing hurt
So what is it really worth
if we feel we’re both cursed
Let me tell you…T
hat it’s never, NEVER too late
To conquer your fears,
I’m still holding on, still here
With my sixth sense
So if you’re a ghost, “I see dead people”
cause your actions and words will NEVER be missed
I hear you, I see you
Believe me on this one, this untold fairy tale continues
But it’s our reality
Cause our vitality and mentality
energizes this bunny
Cause we’re gonna keep going and going…
From here to the top of that mountain
It’s crystal clear our visions were distorted
cause we drank from a poisonous fountain
and the cure was to not “lose grip”
or we’ll just continue downward
so we just CAN’T lose it
even with these sweaty palms
we’ve fought so hard for so long
and I know you’re scared
but we must remain calm
so let’s find a way to make it right
forever hello’s, never goodbye’s
with these sweaty palms I can’t “lose grip”
I’m scared too but we can’t lose it
If you bruise, I bruise
If you cry, I cry
If you lose grip… Well… I
was cautious of that
so I attached a safety rope around our hips
So we can hold each other up
Or fall together…
But either way, that’s where I want to be…
With you…
together…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are these Jay's originals?

Jay a.k.a. 'Dat' said...

yeah, every single poem or pet peeve is originals... that's the only way to do it, nahmean?

Jay
DatMoney.com
DatCurious.com