Saturday, October 6, 2007

Poem: Hollow Shell

I sit and stare
Watching there
Waiting to be heard
But it seems no one cares
A warm blooded person in the same room
Same tune, same melody
But what it’s telling me
Is emptiness inside this music
So it’s useless
No feelings, revealing that there’s no meaning
I’m seeing, hearing typing
Type, type, type…
The first opportunity they get, they set themselves up and let
it consume them, it dooms them
losing a relationship, losing out on school
blaming everyone else but they’re the fool
walks in the door, drops all the bags on the floor
doesn’t get changed but opens the laptop up
cause they need more, more… MORE!
An addict…
Cause they need ‘myspace’ but it’s a disgrace
with what’s being faced
pick and chose real life to the internet
and it’s place paces the way
they can’t give it up
and they know damn right they never will
cause it’s become a reason for living
sort of attached like it’s latched on their back
can’t detach and they decide to add a brain
to go with a heart to those lungs by signing right onto aim
what a shame…
they can’t stop, and they continue
as if myspace wasn’t enough, the messages are not quick to us
so type, type, type is the only stuff
you hear…
wait, I heard breathing…
but it’s only me
apparently the only human being
is the reflection of my own image that I see
but type, type, type…
wait, my laptops not on
ohh, I get it, that’s become the melody
this ‘music’ has taken the souls of these addicts
what would they do without it?!
Not live…
Cause the hollow shell is just a hollow shell
But there’s no more life within…

1 comment:

Hawk Eye said...

I really enjoyed this poem. If you're interested in poetry, you should check some of my poems out at http://www.poeticmoney.com