Monday, October 1, 2007

Introduction - 'Dat' Poetry and Pet Peeves

'Dat' Poetry and Pet Peeves - why in the world would I put these two together?

I guess, first of all, more than likely no one's going to read my introduction.

But my answer is also a question, "Why not?"

I'm a poet and I write poetry/rhymes/lyrics more than I write blogs entries. I used to record music and poetry in form of rap/hiphop but I took an extended break from recording because that was a hobby and it's not a priority in my life right now.

Though, throughout my life, I start getting bothered by a lot of small things. I'm not going to die over them, but they're just simple pet peeves. So, in addition to my poetry, I decided I would incorporate both to mix it up. Cause I know a lot of you guys have similar pet peeves.

All my poems are about me in some way - about my life, what's on my mind, what I see in my surroundings, etc. If you read my poetry, you will know me better than you might know me now. Which, I'm sure many of you don't know me to begin with.

I will post poems daily and also pet peeves a few times a week (depending on how many things bother me).

But if you like my poetry and would like me to write a poem for you, I will do that as well. Though, I charge $5 per poem but if it does not meet your requirements, I will refund the $5 to you. Feel free to contact me at whojaybe@datcurious.com and put in the subject line "Poem for me."

All and all, I hope you guys enjoy my poetry, and um, pet peeves.

No comments: