Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Poem: Lost Ship at Sea - Me

I’m in this ship lost in this
poisonous and treacherous sea… shit!
Surrounded by this forbidden fruit to quench my thirst
I just need a cup of water cause I DO
get thirsty like any of YOU
But this need to survive tempts me
and it hurts not only physically but mentally
If I drink the water that encircles my boundary
I may die almost instantly
Is that the cowards way out hounding me relentlessly?!
I'm not sure,
honestly I don’t know how to articulate
what’s on the greater state of mind
from mine and "NO!"
I can’t answer the question why
even if I did,
there’s always another waiting in line
So "WHY" even try
to take a sip
When piranhas are ready to dine
if I attempt
to drink this poisonous wine
so I can’t even commit
suicide without at least suffering to die
trapped in contempt
and I can’t quite read between the lines
no matter how many signs, I see
without fluids running through my system,
it prevents him… ME! From living,
but I’m living for that one thing
that’s giving me the strength
to think twice about even attempting
to take that drink, a sip
I’ll skip taking a dip
from getting my skin ripped
from piranhas but what if I slip?
And fall deep beneath,
I’ll get more than just a sip,
I’ll be asleep for eternity
Should I have faith?
Should I let hope pave the way?
Should I trust some bullshit luck?
Should I give up the will power and not give a fuck?
This shit is tough
when you on a rough path,
but I guess this separates a man
from a bitch ass
The strong from the weak,
a victory from defeat
To stand tall or be on ya knees,
I see
Myself working my way up
cause I can’t quit this shit or slow down at full speed

1 comment:

Dan Hanosh said...

I like your words, keep sharing . . . Dreams are your to share. Dan H.

Dan Hanosh

Dreams Are Yours To Share