Friday, October 5, 2007

Poem: R.I.P. Beauty

I’ve known her for well over a decade
And time quickly passes just like the next day
So Let’s say, time flies
but you don’t realize what’s important in ya life till it flies by,
and it happened to many times cause I
adored her, before the complications happened as we got older
I could always turn to her
when the thickness got thick
and the heaviness was crushing my shoulders
she would listen, never need to speak
though mixed emotions about her had me thinking…
should I get rid of her,
or should I keep her around?
Things worked out to push us apart
but we was bound
To see each again
Maybe not as often, but then
A few weeks ago I saw her,
and she quickly showed that she missed me
Jumped in my arms
wanting me to be with this beauty
Reminiscing the first time I met you,
it was my duty,
my responsibility
To be like your dad,
as you got older you realized just that
But I got more stressed,
busier with life,
I brushed you off
and I could see it in your eyes
You was sadden,
disappointed,
mad at the fact I neglected
Everybody, but especially you
It was truly confusing of her choosing
Made me realize these mistakes I’ve taken was unruly
Now fate took place
those mistakes I’ve made and now it's just too late
To say I’m sorry…
I’m sorry for leaving you at the tough times
I ran cause the stuff I’ve
gone through made me realize I’m not a tough guy
But I tried, to you? Why?
I thought I had an excuse
and now that you’re gone,
I have no clue
damn… don’t ever think twice,
that I will EVER forget you
I wish you were here to understand
I hope, in the next life I get to see you again
May you rest in peace, I’ll see you soon, but until then…
We all miss you beauty… R.I.P. Beauty - not just a pet... but family...

No comments: