Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Pet Peeve: 'Use your turning signal when I'm behind YOU!'

First of all, I don't use my turning signal when I drive all the time, who cares, right? But what gets on my nerves is the fact that some people just don't even care.

Picture this...

Say you're driving to work or an appointment and you're already running late. You're in a two way street with two lanes on each side. Say there's two cars initially on the road (on your side) and it's only you and the person in front of you. Then both of you guys come to stop at a redlight.

Everything sounds fine so far, right? But then 20 cars come... some behind you, then there's plenty of cars next to you. Tons of cars oncoming waiting at the light as you are.

The light turns green.

"What the hell?! Why isn't the person in front of me not going?!"

Of course, after honking at them, they decide to turn their turning signal on letting you know they're taking a left turn. Now you can't switch lanes because you seem too close to them, plus, the right lane cars won't let you in. After the light turns to red, AGAIN, he finally turns leaving you stuck at the same light.

Now, if that person would've simply acknowledged you behind them and turned their signal on earlier, you couldn't switched lanes when there were no cars around and you couldn't been on your way.... but NNNOOOOOO... you're stuck at the same light.

If I just described you... you are the reason people get road rage.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't even drive yet... And I don't even have a car... so ... XD... No, you're not describing me XD ... But I imagine that it's a really annoying situation ... =P ... I mean, just being in a car with a person going through such situation is annoying... =P

Greetings ;)